We are Unit4, a leading provider of enterprise applications empowering people in service organizations. We are on a mission because we no longer accept the digital downgrade that people experience when they swap their personal devices for their work ones. We create business software that fits the way people work, not the other way around. Help us be the best and join us!
The Deals Desk Manager will partner with sales teams on large, complex, or discounted quotes to provide guidance and recommendations on deal pricing, commercial structure, and contract terms, driving profitability in-line with Unit4’s financial and strategic objectives.
What you will do
- Review large, complex, non-standard transactions by applying pricing knowledge, product knowledge, and analytical rigor
- Provide deal governance and approval on quotes and deals
- Enforce quote compliance on all deals
- Provide confident, rational, and supported arguments for any deals that you may reject because of pricing policy, strategy or discount breaches
- Escalate approvals further where required (e.g. significant changes to legal terms)
- Facilitate the sales approval and standardised contract document generation processes and ensure compliance with published sales and business approval policies
- Provide guidance and interpretation to finance and sales management of pricing, discounting and terms
- Foster and maintain strong working relationships with critical business partners (e.g. Sales, Revenue Recognition, Legal, Finance, etc.) to expedite the review and approval process
- Ensure adherence to pricing strategy and policy, including technology and compliance
- Streamline and support the process for non-standard deal approvals
- Develop and communicate thresholds and rules
- Outline approver roles and responsibilities, approval routing and workflow design, simplify exception alerting and communications processes
- Create and maintain a hierarchy of special terms that could be used in non-standard deals
- Support in developing training materials, sales examples and conduct regular contract training sessions – to reduce contract variations between similar deals
- Provide Win/Loss analysis and Discount trend reporting to the leadership team, identifying areas of improvement
- Identify, develop, and implement productivity improvements so Deals Desk function scales with the broader Unit4 business
You will perform like-for-like analysis to identify both good deals and those with more headroom around pricing or contract terms. You will also meet with stakeholders where necessary to create winning deal structures. This role enables one to become an expert in Unit4 business practices, develop a thorough understanding of how all the parts of the business fit together, and help drive the next phase of global growth.
- Prior experience working for established Cloud software vendor in a Deal Desk / Commercial role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate and influence at a senior level; must be able to foster and maintain strong partnering relationships with sales and internal departments
- Excellent teamwork skills to collaborate with the rest of the Deals Desk, sales team and existing Legal/ BDO
- Excellent Excel and analytical skills, proficient in PowerPoint
- Proven experience in Salesforce CPQ
- Experience detecting revenue recognition issues
- Proven experience working in a high-volume contract administration department
- Strong time management and organization skills with flexibility to work in a fast-paced, changing and international work environment
Optional, but desired
- Ideally, experienced at working in a multinational environment
- Scandinavian or German language skills
- Experience in SalesForce CPQ/Steelbrick
We offer work which is a meaningful and inspiring experience. We will invest in you, nourish you and value you. We offer formal training and education opportunities to develop your skills in the direction you wish to take, we offer experience in different departments and teams to give you experiences which will help you find where you are happiest. We offer work / life balance, unlimited paid time off, and a culture of respect and being successful.
Our commitment to you
Unit4 is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for everyone. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages and celebrates the diversity of our employees, where they all are seen as a real value to the company. We guarantee a fair consideration for employment, without discrimination. Thats why we make our hiring decisions solid based on merit, qualifications and current business needs. We invite you to be a part of this diversity and join our community!