Acquired by TA Associates for $2bn in 2021, Unit4 is a fast-growing, international cloud company, changing the game in ERP for mid-market people-centric organizations. We’re on a mission to turn 40 years of conventional legacy ERP software on its head and re-write the industry. As part of that growth, we’re seeking an additional Director in our Corporate Development team ahead of a period of increased acquisition activity and to help helping to shape the business over coming years.
With over 2,500 people operating globally, we are in Business for People, empowering people in service organizations with innovative Enterprise and Business software solutions. We’ve innovated and taken a new approach to delivering ERP that works for people. Self-driving, adaptive and intuitive software that is changing the way people work. Our solutions empower people and deliver a better people experience so people can spend time on meaningful high value work they live for.
Read more on our website about how we transform work and how people feel about it, so our customers and their people can thrive.
As a key member of the Corporate Development group and due to growth in transaction volumes, we are seeking a passionate Corporate Development / M&A Director to lead transactions for Unit4. Unit4’s Corporate Development group is the company’s functional M&A expert in the evaluation and execution of M&A deals and plays a very visible and active role in the growth of the company.
The successful candidate will lead all aspects of transaction execution, including deal negotiation, valuation, modelling, transaction management, co-ordination of due diligence, leading interaction with the other parties in the transaction and seeking internal approvals. He or she will also be responsible for origination of transactions, whether through proactive approaches to companies, filtering inbound opportunities or reviewing opportunities in conjunction with the Sponsor owners of Unit4.
The role is likely to work from home so can be based anywhere in Europe.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Work with business and functional leaders, and Corporate Development team members, to manage, negotiate, and implement acquisitions, disposals and other corporate transactions
- Identify optimal acquisition opportunities, lead the deal structuring and negotiation, own the financial model, conduct the valuation of the target, obtain executive approvals and ensure efficient and effective execution of the deal.
- Manage the work of external advisors supporting transactions
- Lead interactions with target companies, projecting an appropriate image of Unit4 whilst ensuring appropriate transaction terms are agreed
- Gather public information, conduct due diligence, and make financial, strategic, and cultural fit comparisons for potential transactions. Partner with financial, legal, tax and other business functions on analysis of transactions.
- Develop business case and operating budget and financial models for valuation of acquisitions and strategic investment initiatives.
- Create effective and concise presentations of proposed deals/projects for internal and Investor approvals. Provide project support and information analysis and reporting of proposed transactions to Investors, GLT and the Board as required.
- Assess industry trends, vital developments, and competitive landscape.
- Identify and participate in networking and marketing opportunities that support corporate development initiatives.
- Coordinate due diligence activities and reporting
Skills and Experience:
- Significant experience managing the day to day execution of M&A transactions, ideally including some gained within a corporate setting
- Experience of the software sector is an advantage
- 8-12 years of relevant experience, ideally including some gained within a corporate setting
- Previous experience in one or more of Corporate Development, Investment Banking or, alternatively, a qualified accountant from ‘big-4’ firms considered, if supplemented by other M&A experience
- Demonstrable experience of negotiating transactions terms, structures, documentation and mechanics
- Good presentation skills; able to present with credibility to many levels – Board, Executive, management, engineering
- Strong valuation, quantitative and financial analysis skills including interpretation of financial statements and translation into meaningful trends and assessments
- Demonstrated ability to probe for and drive the construction of key business case assumptions and translate those assumptions into credible financial scenarios with internal stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders in a credible fashion
- Able to work effectively in environment with high degree of ambiguity, capable of exploring new markets quickly with little oversight
- Dynamic, self-starter
- Highly motivated, reliable, willing to do what it takes to deliver excellent results
- Good communicator, personable
- Capable of working as a team player or independently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work and communicate at a detailed or high level
- Willing to travel up to 25% of work schedule internationally
Join Unit4 and you’ll be part of one of the most exciting journeys in the ERP cloud software space today.
- Opportunity to work with a truly game-changing world-class next-generation solution in ERPx, built specifically for mid-market people-centric organisations
- Great career opportunities, earning potential and a range of market-leading benefits
- A culture built on trust. That’s why we offer our people an uncapped time off policy and remote working opportunities. We focus on results, not how many days you work or where that work takes place
Our commitment to you
Unit4 is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for everyone. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages and celebrates the diversity of our employees, where they all are seen as a real value to the company. We guarantee a fair consideration for employment, without discrimination. Thats why we make our hiring decisions solid based on merit, qualifications and current business needs. We invite you to be a part of this diversity and join our community!